Web and Marketing DesignerSan Francisco, CA
We're looking for a Web and Marketing Designer to establish the design culture and identity of our company. Design is a critical component to building a high quality brand and improving the experience of our programs. This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys playing in many areas of design and who is looking for a position to truly challenge one’s creative abilities. Your time will be split between both the Engineering and Marketing teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Iterate on the UI/UX of our website and online courses
- Maintain our company style guide
- Create and design all marketing pages on our website
- Design our physical marketing materials and swag, including t-shirts, brochures, flyers, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive experience with UX and ability to work well with developers (including using tools such as Zeplin, Invision, Balsamiq)
- A “mobile-first” mindset towards responsive design
- Good understanding of print design
- Emphasis on function over form, and experience with branding and marketing
- Ability to work fast and manage trade-offs when faced with short deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate your thought process
- Ability and confidence to take ownership of projects
- Passion for education
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product Academy - An accelerated college replacement program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.