Student Experience LeadSan Francisco, CA
The Make School community is the driving force in making our educational experience inspiring. Our students frequently share their experiences of exploring their passion for Computer Science on their own before finding a home at Make School. They see us as a community of hard-working, like-minded peers and mentors who have the potential to use technology to change the world. As we scale our programs around the world, we need an energetic, organized, and bright self-starter who can be the front-line advocate for our students and help coordinate all aspects of their Make School experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Student Support - Handle all student inquiries and deliver outstanding student support. Check in with all students regularly to ensure issues and feedback are quickly addressed.
- Student Housing - Find and secure student housing partners, and be the point of escalation for RAs and building manager.
- Financial Aid - Answer student questions and resolve financial aid issues.
- Enrollment & Orientation - Enroll and orient new students and ensure they have accurate expectations as well as access to all technologies and platforms.
- Student Events - Work with students to coordinate social activities and community engagement for students.
- Build Processes - Build sustainable and scalable processes for issues and organizational areas.
- Expectations & Discipline - Be a point of escalation for non-academic issues and discipline. You will receive training in Restorative Practice for resolving these issues.
- Facilities & Classrooms - Manage our San Francisco Headquarter office and classrooms, and be the liaison for all building contacts including landlord and service providers
- Swag - Maintain supply of student swag (shirts, stickers, notebooks, etc.)
What We’re Looking For:
- A self starter with a keen attention to detail
- 1-2 years experience (preferably in education, teaching, or customer service role)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take on new tasks and responsibilities as the need arises
- High energy and “can-do” attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and empathy
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product College - An accelerated college replacement program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.