Operations AssociateSan Francisco, CA
Make School is looking for someone to wear many hats and keep the wheels on the bus running as we step on the gas. You'll be responsible for making sure our office runs smoothly and projects are on track. You’ll handle everything we throw your way with grace and a smile: from maintaining spreadsheets to making sure our office is stocked with everything we need.
What You’ll Do:
- Source and screen instructor candidates for Make School’s Summer Academy (SA)
- Manage interview scheduling and funneling in the recruiting pipeline
- Prepare and administer agreements for SA instructors, contractors, and new hires
- Assist in SA instructor onboarding and offboarding
- Maintain and update our internal institutional knowledge and policies
- Assist in creating our compliance and operational processes
- Perform strategic analyses to support the business (e.g., operational improvements, strategy and planning, partnerships)
- Aid in account reconciliation and receipt management (familiarity with Expensify or bill.com a plus)
- Assist in AP/AR
- Serve as point of contact for and maintain all office needs (e.g. restocking of snacks, supplies, ordering team lunch, etc.)
- Coordinate and schedule team members’ flights and housing for events
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in HR/Operations/Program Management at a startup or educational institution
- Excellent organization skills with high attention to detail and time management
- Ability to take on new tasks and responsibilities as the need arises
- High energy and a “get-it-done” attitude
- Passionate about education and computer science!
- Bonus: You know how to code or have a strong desire to learn (we'll teach you!)
This is a 6 month position with the opportunity to extend.
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k with matching
- Networking opportunities with our Corporate Partners including LinkedIn, Lyft, and MindBodyOnline
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product College - An accelerated college replacement program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.