iOS Summer Academy InstructorSan Francisco, CA
The Make School Summer Academy is an eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations have included San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for iOS developers to teach at our Summer Academy. You'll teach Swift fundamentals plus product design, prototyping, user testing, analytics, and more. This is a contract position in 2017 from mid-June to mid-August.
What You'll Do:
- Directly mentor a group of 10-15 students and manage their projects from brainstorm to App Store launch
- Lead group discussions on lecture topics
- Help students work through bugs, crashes, and guide them towards best practices
What We're Looking For:
- Passionate about teaching young developers
- iOS experience (Swift preferred, Objective-C okay if you are excited and able to learn
- Swift before the program starts)
- Strong people skills, comfortable speaking to large groups of people
- Based in the United States or Asia
- You eat, breathe, and sleep code - you simply cannot get enough!
- High energy and a gigantic smile!
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting or managing a team of developers
- Industry experience building real products
- Ability to learn and assist in teaching non technical topics
Become a Better Developer:
- 2 week training on Swift concepts and Make School pedagogy at our headquarters in San Francisco
- Be involved in the development and launch of 10+ apps
- Teaching is the path to mastery!
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product Academy - An accelerated college replacement program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.