Head of AdmissionsSan Francisco, CA
The Make School community is the driving force in making our educational experience inspiring. Our students frequently share their experiences of exploring their passion for Computer Science on their own before finding a home at Make School. They see us as a community of hard-working, like-minded peers and mentors who have the potential to use technology to change the world. As we scale our programs around the world, it's critical we keep a strong filter to curate our community and maintain our high quality educational experience. We're looking for a Head of Admissions who can design a scalable process that enables us to curate an even stronger community and brand all around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Own the entire application process from beginning to end
- Manage and improve efficiency, and develop a scalable operation
- Improve yield from admits to attendees
- Collaborate with the team to arrange informational sessions and site visits for students
- Field customer service emails, calls, and online inquiries
- Manage student and parent communications
- Assist with the initial student screening process
- Support both our domestic and international partners in managing location-specific admissions procedures
- Identify applicant channels and support marketing growth
- Apply learnings to assist in instructor hiring process
What We're Looking For:
- Strong work ethic and high energy
- A “can do” attitude and someone who will work to identify opportunities, build a plan, and remove roadblocks in order to see a project through launch and beyond
- High-level of enjoyment of process design and experience building scalable processes
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbal and written, to many different audiences including parents, students, partners, high-profile personalities, executives, and operational teams
- Exceptionally resourceful; fearless in mining available knowledge bases to find answers
- Passionate about education and computer science!
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following at a startup, tech company, or school: Admissions, Sales, Marketing, Recruiting/HR
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product Academy - An accelerated college replacement program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.