Growth HackerSan Francisco, CA
The Make School community is the driving force in making our educational experience inspiring. Our students frequently share their experiences of exploring their passion for Computer Science on their own before finding a home at Make School. They see us as a community of hard-working, like-minded peers and mentors who have the potential to use technology to change the world. As we scale our programs around the world, it's critical we continue to engage with our online community. We're looking for a Growth Hacker to own all website growth and to direct traffic to our tutorials and online courses. You'll be responsible for driving more students to our high-quality content, collaborating with developers to iterate on the product, and improving engagement. The online courses not only provide a more accessible way for students around the world to learn to code but also serve as an introduction into our in-person courses.
What You'll Do:
- Own all website growth and be responsible for driving traffic to our tutorials and online courses
- Devise and drive the vision, strategy, roadmap, and implementation for growth-related projects
- Grow new leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, social media campaigns, etc.
- Conduct research and discovery activities to define key target audience
- Collaborate with developers to iterate on the product, and improve engagement to optimize the funnel into our in-person courses
- Evaluate new partners, new technology, and outreach opportunities
- Regularly report on progress to founders and collaborate with key stakeholders to both identify gaps and optimize systems
- Track all progress and measure KPIs to evaluate outcomes
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven experience with marketing techniques and technologies as well as industry best practices, including inbound/outbound marketing, content marketing, demand generation, SEO, SEM, PPC, Google Analytics, social media,etc.
- Creative self-starter who’s excited to come up with ideas to drive traffic and engage users
- Strong analytical ability and experience in evaluating metrics and suggesting product improvements
- Ability to work well with developers and strong understanding of development landscape
- Solid understanding of workflow processes and systems within a marketing and sales cycle
- Bonus points for being able to code or having a strong desire to learn
- Passion for education
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product College - An accelerated college replacement program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.