This cookies policy applies when using Make School websites, services and products (collectively, our "Service").
Cookies are pieces of code that allow for personalisation of the Service experience by saving your information such as user ID and other preferences. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your device's hard disk (such as your computer or smartphone) for record-keeping purposes.
Please click on the links for more information about the cookies that we use.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of the Service such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Service when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends and to understand more about the demographics of our users.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Service. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- We participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your online browsing history and your interests. To do this, we or our advertising partners may collect information about how you use or connect to our Service, or the types of other websites, social media services, content and ads that you (or others using your device) visit or view or connect to our Service. Typically, this information is collected through cookies and similar tracking technologies.
- If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by visiting the following links (please bear in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies via our website):
- We also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our customers to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of our Service. You can set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain these technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
- If you would like to find out more about cookies and other similar technologies, please visit allaboutcookies.org or the Network Advertising Initiative's online sources at networkadvertising.org.