HR AssociateSan Francisco
Make School is looking for someone to help shape our employee experience and development as we grow. You'll be working with the leadership team to to develop and execute exciting people operations strategies and programs that support our business objectives and evolve, develop and grow our culture. You naturally bring out the best in people and a master of managing chaos.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross‐functionally to deliver People programs at Make School that foster employee engagement, happiness, productivity and retention
- Partner with team leads on implementing and tracking performance management and employee development goals
- Ensure that our company is in compliance of all local and national labor and safety laws for both exempt and nonexempt employees, and contractors
- Create employee playbook that reflects our culture of community, diversity, and inclusivity
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of employees files and records
- Own relationship with our HR software partners
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits, and recommend the appropriate implementation of additional benefits as we scale
- Assist in the recruiting lifecycle and manage our candidate pipeline
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years experience as an HR Generalist or HR Business partner role, or similar experience
- Excellent organization skills with high attention to detail and time management
- High level of discretion around sensitive matters
- Ability to take on new tasks and responsibilities as the need arises
- High energy and a “get-it-done” attitude
- You are a people person through and through: you’re comfortable talking to all kinds of people at all different levels about anything under the sun
- You possess a deep working knowledge of core HR disciplines, systems and processes, including: compensation, organizational development, performance management, and employee engagement programs
- Passionate about education and computer science!
- Bonus: You know how to code or have a strong desire to learn (we'll teach you!)
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k with matching
- Networking opportunities with our Corporate Partners (LinkedIn, Lyft, Lever, and other exciting start-ups!)
About Make School:
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
- Product College - An accelerated college replacement program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
- Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
- Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.